czwartek, 25 kwietnia 2013

Hustle while you wait

The title of my today's post comes from Stephen R.Covey's book "7 habits of highly effective people". In the chapter , where dr Stephen described how important it is to write your own "life mission" he gave some examples of his clients' and friends' life-missions. In one of those examples, someone wrote this quote "hustle while you wait" as on of his or her most important rules in life. To me it means not waisting precious time or simply "doing stuff while waiting for another stuff is to be done" :)))

Today I want to thank Life for  :

1) S.Covey's book I've mentioned above - "7 habits of highly effective people". At first, because of the title, I thought it would be about some time-management techniques and money-making schemes. But it surprised me, and to this day I claim that it's the best book I've ever read. If you doubt it - read it. If you've read it - use the principles described there and you'll make a great change in the world , starting from your own life.

2) An unknown person who writes beautiful quotes in front of our university. They're written on the stairs in a way that you can read the whole phrase, word by word while going from the subway station upstairs. Last year there were two phrases : "You've got nice haircut today" and "C'mon and smile". This year he/she wrote "Do what you want to do, as I do" and "This is it.This day is special". It really makes my day each time I go to the university (not that often this month but still:))) Thanks a lot misterious artist!


3) People who share their knowledge, and here I'm talking about all kinds of video lessons that are available online. I don't remember exactly when YouTube was started , probably some 6-7 years ago (too lazy to google it:)) but before that happened, it seemed impossible to find anything. And after YouTube was launched, it allowed thousands of people to share their knowledge - that's how I learned how to play guitar. Now , from time to time I play some new pieces, but I am sure that I wouldn't be able to do that without special knowledge and confidence that videolessons on YouTube gave me. Here I would also like to give special thanks to MikeHerberts, John H. Clarke and mrFake - three of them inspired me to play the guitar and helped with learning process by distributing music sheets etc. Thank you very much.

That's all for today. Tomorrow would be Friday, and in 1995 there was a nice movie with Ice Cube called friday. I guess it would be ok to finish today's post with a quote from "Friday" movie :

 "Weed is from the earth. God put this here for me and you. Take advantage man, take advantage." (Smokey)

Take care everybody and remember to have fun!:)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz