poniedziałek, 29 kwietnia 2013

Two ears and one mouth

Well the title of this post might be a little bit confusing, but it's about listening and it's importance in our lives, and the quote below describes it fully :

“We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say.” 
― Zeno of Citium, as quoted by Diogenes Laërtius

Last week I gave a presentation on effective listening, as I think it's a great and really useful skill and tool that most of us are missing nowadays. Anyway, that was a small intro to my list of things/people I want to thank for :



1) Those who spread the idea of bodyweight workout throughout the world. A so-called "calisthenics workout" or "barstarz workout" means more than just building muscles. It's very symbolical for me : first of all because you don't need any extra weights, barbells etc - you're free of even thinking about that stuff. Secondly it's always about "raising the bar" which in this case means doing the maximum amount of reps and than some more. Because when working out with weights, to increase your strength or build more muscles you can simply add some weights , in calisthenics you have to be creative, think of some different approaches and lastly - work your ass off. (of course I don't mean that bodybuilding with weights is bad or smth, is just that nowadays everybody is searching for smth unique, something extraordinary and at the same time simple..for me that's calisthenics)
                                           
2) People who have good manners when it comes to such simple things as seats in the buss/tram or opening the door for somebody. I know it might sound old fashioned, but nowadays everybody seems to be in a hurry constantly, which doesn't make sense cause it doesn't necessary make them "busy", it's just might be the sign of bad time management...whatever...thanks for those who respect "old school rules" and show some respect to older people , don't interrupt others, say "please" and "thank you", are there on time etc.

3)A new way of drinking wine I've recently was introduced to :D I was on a small banquet with a lot of foreigners, and the thing is that next morning I had to get up really early so there was no option for me to drink a lot. And then girls from France showed their way of dealing with such problem - they simple poured some white wine into my glass and added soda to it !:D brilliant. just like scotch and soda, but it's wine & soda" . It tasted great, I wasn't percieved as "strange person who doesn't drink at banquet" and of course I didn't get drunk at all! Many thanks for the French girls from IESEG school for this simple but brilliant drink that I would call "win(e)oda" :D
                                       
That's probably all for today, and as usual , a nice quote to start an effective Tuesday :

"I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Robert A. Heinlein 

Take care everybody and have fun!
Bryvus

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz